CREO Syndicate Job Posting (May 2019)
Director of Programs and Member Relations
The CREO Syndicate (“CREO”) is a NYC-headquartered 501c3 public charity with a mission to address some of the most pressing environmental challenges of our time affecting communities across the globe – climate change and resource scarcity. By catalyze capital into innovative solutions in sectors including energy, transportation, food, agriculture, aquaculture, water, industrial, manufacturing and more, CREO is helping to protect and preserve the environment and address climate change.
Through its work, CREO is developing a global center of knowledge and expertise for climate and sustainable investing as well as a community of like-minded, transformative investors developing and scaling solutions through investment and the management of family-owned enterprises. Specifically, CREO works with a broad set of global stakeholders, including its Members (wealth owners, family offices and family enterprises), Friends (aligned investors such as foundations, pension funds and university endowments), and Partners (government, not-forprofit organizations and academia) who collaboratively develop and invest in solutions across sectors, asset class and geographies.
To achieve its mandate, CREO focuses on:
Building the global pool of active investors in the climate and sustainability marketplace
Developing knowledge and capacity by providing a peer-to-peer and expert educational platform where Members and other stakeholders can share applied knowledge and expertise, resources and investment opportunities
Relationship building to foster more collaboration amongst active investors
Providing aligned deal origination
Conducting select research to support the advancement of its mission
The position of Director of Programs and Member Relations is an opportunity to develop a unique network of investors and solution providers in the climate and sustainability investment marketplace, while working with some of the most active wealth owners and family offices investing in this space. The Director will play a fundamental role in the strategy development and execution of CREO’s educational and collaborative investing platform, manage CREO’s suite of programmatic activities, and co-lead member relations, member services and network development efforts along with the CEO. The successful candidate will work closely with all members of CREO’s dynamic and ambitious team, in a collaborative and team-oriented work environment. The position reports to the CEO and may include two direct reports (Sector Manager and Analyst positions), depending on the candidate’s management experience.
Candidates should be naturally curious, comfortable working independently and taking initiative, and have a ‘can-do’ attitude. Candidates should also have demonstrated experience in developing and managing results-focused programmatic activities, preferably in the environmental and sustainability space. Individuals should be entrepreneurial, mission driven, and comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The role requires exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, a strong attention to details and ability to manage multiple projects at once. Candidates must also demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism, integrity and discretion.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the development and delivery of CREO’s educational programs including up to four general meetings and up to six investor roundtables in the US and Europe annually, as well as webinars, investment committee calls, and the biweekly member email (about 50% of work load).
- Co-lead member relations, member services, and membership development with CEO, including identifying and engaging with global wealth owners and family office professionals who are actively investing in climate and sustainability solutions or who are interested in doing so (about 25% of work load).
- Manage two Sector Manager and Analyst positions (about 15% of work load).
- Develop, monitor and report on CREO success metrics as they relate to the educational program and collaborative investment platform (about 10% of work load).
- Graduate degree in business, finance, public policy, environment or equivalent experience, MBA or post-graduate degree preferred
- Have a minimum of 10 professional years of total relevant work experience in program development and management, consulting, strategy, business operations or equivalent, preferably related to climate and environmental financing, but will also consider in experience in philanthropy and policy
- Have a minimum of at least 3 years of experience in project management, experience using project management software preferred
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel (6-8 times annually)
- Strong ability to perform under pressure with patience and a sense of humor • Highest degree of professionalism, integrity and discretion a must
Compensation will be competitive for the not-for-profit sector and commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter stating how you meet the required qualifications, your resume, and at least three professional references to: Christina Rivera, firstname.lastname@example.org.